POSTED ON ALMA POST OFFICE DOOR!
Effective Saturday, July 12, 2014, all retail operations will be suspended at the Alma Post Office until July 24, 2014.
This includes all money transactions.
A USPS employee will be here each day Monday through Saturday to process all mail.
Packages can be picked up while the employee is here.
The nearest full-service Post Office is located at 517 Hathaway Street. Fairplay CO 80440.
Thank you for your understanding.
Alma Foundation meeting
Next Meeting Tuesday,
July 29th @ 6PM
Alma Foundation meetings are the last Tuesday of each month at the Alma Town Hall @ 6pm.
Volunteers & visitors are always welcome.
High Altitude Health Tips
• Reduce alcohol, caffeine and salty foods.
• Drink 3 or 4 times more water than usual.
• Get plenty of rest before and during your stay.
• Take it easy! Your heart is working harder at this altitude, so quit while you're ahead if you are tired.
• Wear sunscreen - you receive 30% more ultraviolet radiation up here than at sea level!
• Wear sunglasses with ultraviolet protection even on cloudy or snowy days. Your eyes can actually get "snow bum".
• Eat high carbohydrate meals, limiting fat and protein, for the first few days at altitude.
• In winter, keep warm and dry, and be sure clothes are not too tight or cutting off your circulation. Layering is best.
High Altitude Sickness Symptoms
High altitude sickness symptoms usually go away in a day or two, but if you develop a worsening cough or feel like you have fluid in
your lungs - - see a doctor immediately!
When in doubt, seek medical help!