Click here to receive emails of community happenings
Hoosier Computer Help
Alma Foundation meeting
Next Meeting Tuesday, January 9th @ 5:30PM
Alma Foundation meetings are the last Tuesday of each month at the Alma Town Hall @ 6pm.
Volunteers & visitors are always welcome.
BINGO DECEMBER 26TH !!
Alma Foundation Murder Mystery
(Disco Diva Dies)
Please join us for an interesting murder mystery pitchin dinner.
Proceeds benefit the Alma Foundation projects including the South Park Scholarship Fund.
Alma Town Hall, 836-2712
January 25, 2014 @
5:30 cocktails 6:00 dinner
High Altitude Health Tips
• Reduce alcohol, caffeine and salty foods.
• Drink 3 or 4 times more water than usual.
• Get plenty of rest before and during your stay.
• Take it easy! Your heart is working harder at this altitude, so quit while you're ahead if you are tired.
• Wear sunscreen - you receive 30% more ultraviolet radiation up here than at sea level!
• Wear sunglasses with ultraviolet protection even on cloudy or snowy days. Your eyes can actually get "snow bum".
• Eat high carbohydrate meals, limiting fat and protein, for the first few days at altitude.
• In winter, keep warm and dry, and be sure clothes are not too tight or cutting off your circulation. Layering is best.
High Altitude Sickness Symptoms
High altitude sickness symptoms usually go away in a day or two, but if you develop a worsening cough or feel like you have fluid in
your lungs - - see a doctor immediately!
When in doubt, seek medical help!