Alma Area Broadband internet survey ended February 28th! Survey Results MRHI sponsored bingo on the 12th of March DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES EXTENDED UNTIL
MARCH 24th GET YOUR ARTWORK SUBMITTED NOW!!
Festival in the clouds Vendor Permit
Alma Foundation meeting Next Meeting Tuesday,
March 24th @ 6PM
Alma Foundation meetings are the last Tuesday of each month at the Alma Town Hall @ 6pm.
Volunteers & visitors are always welcome.Graduating Seniors of Park County CO
High Altitude Health Tips
• Reduce alcohol, caffeine and salty foods.
• Drink 3 or 4 times more water than usual.
• Get plenty of rest before and during your stay.
• Take it easy! Your heart is working harder at this altitude, so quit while you're ahead if you are tired.
• Wear sunscreen - you receive 30% more ultraviolet radiation up here than at sea level!
• Wear sunglasses with ultraviolet protection even on cloudy or snowy days. Your eyes can actually get "snow bum".
• Eat high carbohydrate meals, limiting fat and protein, for the first few days at altitude.
• In winter, keep warm and dry, and be sure clothes are not too tight or cutting off your circulation. Layering is best.
High Altitude Sickness Symptoms Headache
High altitude sickness symptoms usually go away in a day or two, but if you develop a worsening cough or feel like you have fluid in
your lungs - - see a doctor immediately!
When in doubt, seek medical help!